I wish you all could see what I am seeing everyday. Everywhere I look there is something different to see and ponder. Right now my brain is on constant overload. I hope this changes soon. I am loving every minute of everyday. From when I wake up sweating in the morning (cause the sun is so hot, not just because I am a hot person...) from when I am sitting having tea with my family at night, I am learning new things and discovering more about the culture. It´s amazing just how different two different countries can be. I am excited to experience more of the culture and the true richness of it.
Well I have been here for a little less than a week and it feels like I have been here for a month. So much has happened and I know I can´t describe every detail to you guys. Well yesterday and today were my first days of classes! I love the feel of the school when there are people everywhere and sitting outside and just talking together. Yesterday I had Fotografia 1. It was great but I realized I brought the wrong film...oh well. And I am the only gringo in the class so I think it will be good to make some new friends that aren´t international students! I had my intermediate conversation class next, which is going to be great because it´s only 8 students. I will be able to speak Spanish a LOT, and practice mucho!
Well we had some extra time so a couple of went around the campus and took some pictures. I have never felt more like a tourist. But dad, you would love it. There is intricate iron work everywhere! But I really don´t think that the pictures do it justice. The school is basically a maze, but a beautiful maze. I mean I love getting lost and finding new places. Oh, today I had my Andina Anthropology class. I am super excited for this class. I mean it´s going to be a lot of work (the final project is an 8 page paper..in spanish obviously). But it´s a good mix between international and ecuadorian students, which is great!
Well this weekend me and girls from IPSL (my program) have plans to explore Quito and eat somewhere delicious, and then Saturday to visit El Mitad del Mundo (the equator). But we basically have enough plans and places we want to visit to fill up the whole 5 months! It´s going to be amazing and I can´t wait to share my experiences with all of you! I love you guys so much! I will post pictures as soon as I can!
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Hannah! I loved reading your posts! So excited for you to be there. You will NEVER forget these days, so enjoy and be present in every minute. Soak it all up. xoxoxo, Shannon
ReplyDeleteAwesome Hannah!
ReplyDeleteHANNAH!
ReplyDeletei love it!!
im so glad you're having fun! id DIE if i were there without you! haha...similar to what this semester is gonna be like in spanish class... =\
i love reading these!
keep on keepin on girl!
<3 Lea
HANNAH!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are learning so much and being so immersed in the culture, but an 8 page paper in spanish?! dang. you better be getting fluent fast! I know you can do it :) I am so proud of you and love you very much.
I really look forward to reading this blog and hearing about your wonderful adventures. Eat some good food for me chica!!!
love, Alexis
ahhh! I love love love reading your blog and I can't wait to see all your pictures! Just a little jealous, not gunna lie, but I am so excited for you! you have to tell me all about your adventures getting lost and experienceing new places! stay safe xoxox
ReplyDeletefaithie